Eligibility for Lead Screening
- Lead Screening is available for clients during scheduled WIC visits or with an appointment.
- Medicaid can be billed for the screening or the cost of the screening is $27.67.
Who should be tested & how to make an appointment?
- ALL Children should be screened at one and two years of age.
- Call your local WIC office to schedule a Lead Screening at (906)789-4112 in Delta County & (906)863-4451 in Menominee County
- If your child's lead level is 10mcg/dl or higher a second test to confirm the results is recommended.
Hazards of lead in Children
Low to moderate levels of lead may cause problems with development, behavior and hearing.
High levels of Lead may cause coma, convulsions and death.
LEAD Poisoning Prevention - Know the Facts!:
- Are You Pregnant?
- The Truth About Lead Paint Poisoning
- ChildProof your Home Improvements
- Protect your Family from Lead in your Home
- Lead Levels in Children FactSheet
Please Contact the Lead Coordinator: Carrie Polley, RN, BSN at (906)789-8113