MIHP is a program for pregnant women and infants with Michigan Medicaid coverage. MIHP works to promote healthy pregnancies, good birth outcomes, and healthy infants, through home and office visits with nurses, social workers, and dieticians to address the needs of mom and baby.
MIHP Supplements Prenatal Care by providing:
- Assistance with prenatal care
- Education on pregnancy, labor, delivery, breast-feeding and parenting
- Assistance with healthy lifestyle changes, including nutrition, smoking cessation, and refraining from alcohol and drugs
- Information regarding birth control for after the baby is born
- Referrals and assistance in securing housing, counseling, or other community services
- Help if you're concerned about abuse/violence against you or your child.
- Public Health Nursing
Non-medical support for infants up to one year of age includes:
- Health Assessments
- Nutrition and Social Work Counseling
- Referrals for services
For an appointment or more information call: